Friday, July 18, 2008

I'm doing something I've never done this weekend! I'm going to do an apple fast.

Basically, I will eat nothing but apples for the next three days. I also can drink water, herbal tea, and apple juice.

I've been feeling like I need to do something to become more conscious and disciplined about my eating habits....So after doing a lot of research online for a cleanse/fast that is relatively cheap, easy, and do-able.... The Apple Fast is what I came up with.

Here's what an article I found on Bella Online says the benefits of doing this are...

This is a purifying diet which cleanses your alimentary canal, kidneys and liver, as well as your entire system.

Fasting is a wonderful way to cleanse the inside of our bodies. The American diet is loaded with heavy duty fats, calories, sugar, and very little nutritional value. Fasting can teach you a lot about your relationship with food and meals. Many people eat because they are feeling anxious and bored, and not because they are truly hungry. After three days, your digestive tract is empty, and your body has adjusted to not processing the food in your digestive tract , and not relying on stored fats as part of the process. After the first three days of a fast you can expect to stop feeling hungry, and thus will be able to alleviate binge, anxiety or boredom induced snacking. An apple cleansing fast is ideal for beginning fasters. The apple is an energizing food and will keep up your energy while you are bringing down your food consumption.


So, how about them apples? Here goes nothing! I will be writing about my experience here.... So stay tuned!

1 comment:

Gisbert said...

Organizing "Fasting and Walking" weeks in Southern France since 1990,the french skipper Catherine Chabaud made a one-week experience of Buchinger fasting (herbal tea, a bit of juice in water, vegetable bouillon) and won the Fastnet-Race without eating (with energy-drinks)just a week thereafter: without eating you need less sleeping, less automatic piloting and you go faster - that's it: fast to skip faster ...
You have to do it to believe it...